Re: [exim] Error compiling Exim 4.69

Página superior
Eliminar este mensaje
Autor: Stephen Gran
A: exim-users
Asunto: Re: [exim] Error compiling Exim 4.69
On Sat, Jul 19, 2008 at 06:53:31PM +0200, Yves Goergen said:
> On 19.07.2008 18:25 CE(S)T, Stephen Gran wrote:
> > You have told the compiler where to find headers, and you have told the
> > linker where to find libraries, but you haven't told the runtime linker
> > where to find those libraries. You either want an rpath (usually not,
> > though) or you want to add /usr/local/mysql5/lib/mysql to you
> > /etc/ld.so.conf search path. Or, possibly, install in a normal
> > location.
>
> Interesting idea. But I cannot quite match it to my situation.
>
> If this is true, I would need to find libmysqlclient.so.* on my prod
> server in some default location. But it is only in the /home/.../src/...
> path where it was built and in the same path as indicated above:
> /usr/local/mysql5/lib/mysql/libmysqlclient.so{,.15,.0.0}
> The file /etc/ld.so.conf doesn't exist on either system and there is no
> LD-something environment variable that might point to a library path.

On the server where it works, run
ldd /path/to/exim | grep mysqlclient
and see where the linker is finding it.

> Also, it doesn't explain why my prod machine finds the include files and
> library in the mysql subdirectory on its own (when building) and on the
> test machine it doesn't.

Hmm. Have you run ldconfig on the test machine? The only other thing I
can offer is that upgrading will get you the new versions without you
building them all yourself.
|  Stephen Gran                  | It would be nice to be sure of anything |
|  steve@???             | the way some people are of everything.  |