Re: [exim] Error compiling Exim 4.69

Autor: Yves Goergen
A: exim-users
Assumpte: Re: [exim] Error compiling Exim 4.69
On 19.07.2008 18:25 CE(S)T, Stephen Gran wrote:
> You have told the compiler where to find headers, and you have told the
> linker where to find libraries, but you haven't told the runtime linker
> where to find those libraries. You either want an rpath (usually not,
> though) or you want to add /usr/local/mysql5/lib/mysql to you
> /etc/ld.so.conf search path. Or, possibly, install in a normal
> location.

Interesting idea. But I cannot quite match it to my situation.

If this is true, I would need to find libmysqlclient.so.* on my prod
server in some default location. But it is only in the /home/.../src/...
path where it was built and in the same path as indicated above:
/usr/local/mysql5/lib/mysql/libmysqlclient.so{,.15,.0.0}
The file /etc/ld.so.conf doesn't exist on either system and there is no
LD-something environment variable that might point to a library path.

Also, it doesn't explain why my prod machine finds the include files and
library in the mysql subdirectory on its own (when building) and on the
test machine it doesn't.

--
Yves Goergen "LonelyPixel" <nospam.list@???>