Re: [exim] Authenticating SMTP connections agains MySQL data…

トップ ページ
このメッセージを削除
このメッセージに返信
著者: Heiko Schlittermann
To: exim-users
題目: Re: [exim] Authenticating SMTP connections agains MySQL database?
Hello Eric,

> I currently have all my accounts setup to authenticate via a MySQL

> have each user authenticate to the MySQL database prior to sending the
> email and denying the rest of attempts if they user isn't in the database?

The short answer is: yes, it's possible.

We've similar setup here, but the authentication is delegated to PAM (pam_mysql).
(Because the POP3/IMAP uses PAM as well.)

But exim should be able to verify the passwords against crypted
(traditional crypt, md5, sha1) as well, if they follow the LDAP form for
encrypted passwords. (Search the spec file for "crypteq".)

    Best regards from Dresden
    Viele Grüße aus Dresden
    Heiko Schlittermann
 Heiko Schlittermann HS12-RIPE -----------------------------------------
 gnupg encrypted messages are welcome - key ID: 48D0359B ---------------
 gnupg fingerprint: 3061 CFBF 2D88 F034 E8D2  7E92 EE4E AC98 48D0 359B -