著者: Dave Evans
To: exim-users
題目: Re: [exim] Trim down pgsql callouts
On Wed, Jul 09, 2008 at 07:07:08PM +0100, Dave Evans wrote:
> On Wed, Jul 09, 2008 at 05:10:02PM +0100, Sam Smith wrote:
> > Any help with this please?
>
> Maybe. Be patient. Anyone who offers you their time and help does so for
> free, usually in their spare time.

Sorry, ignore me. I didn't spot that the date was just over 1 week later - I
only saw the few hours, so I thought you were being hasty.

Anyway:

> When I researched online, it was suggested that formatting the query in
> this way would allow exim to read from the cache of the initial callout,
> making operations a lot faster.

Yes, with caveats; e.g. the cache is per-exim-process, so if you have one Exim
process receive the message and another one delivering it, they won't share
the cache. Do you know exactly at what stage the lookups occur? Maybe try
using "-d"?

--
Dave Evans
http://djce.org.uk/