著者: Graeme Fowler
To: exim-users
題目: Re: [exim] MX config
On Tue, 08 Jul 2008, <listen@???> wrote:
> I am fairly new to Exim, so please be patient ;)

We're kind here. Most of the time ;-)

> I want to set up an standard MX server for some customer domains based
> on a MySQL database. How could a "standard configuration" look like?

I think you need to define your requirements first before anyone can
give you any examples. "Standard MX Server" will mean a bazillion
different things dependent on your point of view!

Will the server:

1. Forward all incoming mail for local domains to remote "postbox" servers?
2. Deliver all incoming mail to local mail spools for "real" system users?
3. Deliver all incoming mail into local mail spools for "virtual"
users (ie. those without shell accounts)?
4. Do anti-spam, anti-virus filtering?

Additionally, for mail delivered locally, will the users (real or
virtual) be reading via POP, IMAP, Webmail? Will the mailboxes/spools
be mbox or Maildir?

That's a small number of questions - there are many more possibilities here!

> Additionally: Is it possible to use a different smarthost _only_ to
> send out bounces? If so, can you give me some hints on how to do that?

It is, but let's get the basics down first.

Graeme