著者: Renaud Allard
To: Ruairi Hickey
CC: 'exim users'
題目: Re: [exim] SMTP Timeouts

Ruairi Hickey wrote:
> Hi,
>
>             I am having problems receiving email from a particular client,
> the connection looks to set up correctly

SNIP

> 22066 ident connection to 212.36.164.100 failed: Connection refused

This is the problem. I have already had this with stupid dynamic firewalls.

They connect to your server, which works, then you try to connect to
their ident port, their firewall sees this as an attack and blocks
further connections and cuts established ones. They should reconfigure
their firewall as you are clearly not the only one to make ident calls.

n@bilbo:~$ telnet mail.apg.net 25
Trying 212.36.164.100...
Connected to mail.apg.net.
Escape character is '^]'.
220 SMTP service ready
quit
221 SMTP server closing transmission channel
Connection closed by foreign host.
n@bilbo:~$ telnet mail.apg.net ident
Trying 212.36.164.100...
n@bilbo:~$ telnet mail.apg.net 25
Trying 212.36.164.100...
telnet: Unable to connect to remote host: Connection timed out