著者: Brent Jones
To: exim-users
題目: Re: [exim] Maildir file names
Phil Pennock wrote:
> On 2008-07-06 at 15:12 -0700, Brent Jones wrote:
>
>> It could be an IMAP client renaming these files, but not likely, the
>> application simply does a copy/purge on messages (in-house application)
>>

> So when the IMAP server sees the files and shows them to the user,
> doesn't it move them from the new/ sub-directory to the cur/
> sub-directory? This being intrinsic to Maildir, rather than IMAP-level
> copy/purge.
>
> -Phil

It does, but we have an in-house application that comes in via IMAP,
does some message processing, and moves them out of the Inbox into
processed folders.
But it shouldnt be changing the name at all, since when it moves them,
it simply does a copy to another folder, mark the old message for
deletion, then purges.

Brent Jones