著者: Brent Jones
To: exim-users, Brent Jones
題目: Re: [exim] Maildir file names
On Sun, Jul 6, 2008 at 2:57 AM, Phil Pennock <exim-users@???>
wrote:

> On 2008-07-06 at 01:54 -0700, Brent Jones wrote:
> > I have a few Exim servers all running latest Exim.
> > However, one server in particular is writing Maildir filenames different
> > than the rest.
> > For example, I'm used to seeing something like this:
> > 1213327320.M661768P70844V0000005BI00764960_0.server.domain.com,S=2076:2,
>
> Are you sure that this later version isn't a rename by the software
> which reads the email? (POP3 server, whatever) Exim documents the
> filename construction in The Exim Specification, "26.5 Maildir delivery"
> (and 26.6 for maildir_tag). The "V..._0" part there is anomalous.
>
> Rephrasing, it should be:
> <time.seconds>.M<time.microseconds>P<pid>.<primary_hostname><tag>
> where <tag> typically starts with a comma ','.

It could be an IMAP client renaming these files, but not likely, the
application simply does a copy/purge on messages (in-house application)

> > This server is only writing these filenames:
> > 1215326800.H536521P26074.:2,S
>
> That suggests that primary_hostname is unset, which is weird, since it
> should be derived from uname if not explicitly set. Do you have
> anything in your config explicitly setting 'primary_hostname = ""' ?
>
> What does:
> shell$ exim -bP primary_hostname
> show?

Shows the fully qualified hostname of the server.
One thing to note, I am using SA-Exim on the server that is naming the
Maildir files odd, maybe that has something to do with it?
I'll take it out of the configuration and see what happens.

--
Brent Jones
brent@???