Re: [exim] maildirsize not being created with correct permis…

Author: Phil Pennock
To: Eduardo M KALINOWSKI
CC: exim-users
Subject: Re: [exim] maildirsize not being created with correct permissions
On 2008-07-01 at 18:30 -0300, Eduardo M KALINOWSKI wrote:
> The messages and folders are correctly created with the specified modes,
> but the maildirsize file is created with mode 600 (user and group are
> OK, though). I'd like it to have group read permission to ease backups,
> but exim does not seem to be creating the file with the requested mode.
> Exim version is 4.68. Any suggestions?

Arguably, the mode for the maildirsize file should match the mode for
the mail files themselves. File a bug, because it's hard-coded to 0600.

If you're happy building from source, the quick hack is to edit
src/transports/tf_maildir.c -- search for O_CREAT, the first one exists
with O_EXCL and handles creating the temporary file which is renamed
into place. The mode is given as octal 0600 there, change it to 0640.

-Phil