Re: [exim] Denying all remote deliveries

Góra strony
Autor: Dave Evans
Dla: exim-users
Temat: Re: [exim] Denying all remote deliveries
On Sat, Jun 14, 2008 at 12:50:21PM -0700, Doug Jolley wrote:
> I have an instance of exim setup for the exclusive purpose of
> receiving and delivering incoming e-mail to local mailboxes. It does
> not handle any outgoing e-mail. I would like to configure this
> instance of Exim to deny all deliveries (including the delivery of
> things like bounce reports, etc.) to remote users

The simple answer is, "don't do that". If Exim sees fit to send a bounce,
it's for a reason, and you should let it send it.

With a suitable acl_smtp_rcpt (i.e. one with a "relaying denied" check), you
should be able to ensure that mail is only accepted if it can be delivered, so
Exim won't have to send any bounces anyway.

(Edge cases aside, e.g. local user is deleted just after mail for them arrives
but just before Exim gets to deliver it out of its queue).

--
Dave Evans
http://djce.org.uk/