Re: [exim] Which hardware do you use for your installation?

Autor: W B Hacker
A: exim users
Assumpte: Re: [exim] Which hardware do you use for your installation?
Sander Smeenk wrote:
> Quoting Patrick von der Hagen (hagen@???):
>
>> Queue-size was 300. Greylisting, unreachable recipients, etc.
>> In my experience, that size is really no issue for exim. ;-)
>
> Oh, no, 300 is peanuts for Exim. Given that it's not doing intensive
> spamscanning, virusscanning etc on the same server and the server is
> nice and fast...
>
> Our platform began to show issues with queues wel over 10k. That's why
> we also have mailspoolers running postfix that kick in when the mx'es
> can't take the load anymore.
> Also we redirect bounces to another box running postfix to deliver them.
>
> Exactly as Brian Blood stated.
> Exim for the intelligent stuff, Postfix for the brute force deliveries :)
>
> -Sndr.

To be fair, several other MTA, Postfix among them, can do the
'intelligent' stuff also.

Can't say as you will still be sane after sorting out how to program and
maintain the needful rules sets, OTOH. Exin places a lighter load on the
'wetware'.

;-)

Bill