Re: [exim] rotate inbound mail to multiple local accounts

Página Principal
Apagar esta mensagem
Responder a esta mensagem
Autor: W B Hacker
Para: exim users
Assunto: Re: [exim] rotate inbound mail to multiple local accounts
Paul Hayes wrote:
> Hi list,
>
> I need to solve the following problem:
>
> Inbound mail to a single account needs to be shared out between multiple
> addresses. For example, if an alias "catchall@???", I want the
> emails coming into this to be shared out between a number of local users
> such as "user1@???", "user2@???", "user3@???". I
> don't want mail copied between the accounts so the first mail that comes
> in goes to "user1@..", then the next one to "user2@.." etc...etc...
>
> Is there a built-in feature of exim that'll allow me to do thisYes.

Yes. A series of 'unseen' routers, ELSE a single more complex one,
with your choice of selector mechanism. E.G. - a software Johnson
counter or randomizer.

Probably not *too* much harder to sense who has the least full input
load / unread count....

> or am I
> best off routing the mail to an external perl script to handle it? I
> guess the script would keep a counter stored in a file so it knows where
> the next email will go.

You should be able to do that w/o external perl - or perhaps just by
reading flags set by an independently running perl (or other) daemon,
SQL in our case, that is monitoring read/unread count or prior delivery
count - but same idea.

> cheers,
> Paul.

The calls or lookups, BTW, are not all that different in mechanicals
from greylisting work, for which there are copious examples.

HTH,

Bill Hacker