Re: [exim] rotate inbound mail to multiple local accounts

トップ ページ
このメッセージを削除
このメッセージに返信
著者: Paul Hayes
To: exim-users
題目: Re: [exim] rotate inbound mail to multiple local accounts
Andrzej Adam Filip wrote:
> Paul Hayes <paul@???> wrote:
>> I need to solve the following problem:
>>
>> Inbound mail to a single account needs to be shared out between multiple
>> addresses. For example, if an alias "catchall@???", I want the
>> emails coming into this to be shared out between a number of local users
>> such as "user1@???", "user2@???", "user3@???". I
>> don't want mail copied between the accounts so the first mail that comes
>> in goes to "user1@..", then the next one to "user2@.." etc...etc...
>>
>> Is there a built-in feature of exim that'll allow me to do this or am I
>> best off routing the mail to an external perl script to handle it? I
>> guess the script would keep a counter stored in a file so it knows where
>> the next email will go.
>
> I would suggest you making exim (MTA) deliver "via" procmail script.
> [ e.g. via making exim support ~/.procmailrc ]
> In procmail script you can use external perl script to generate
> "rotated" destination. You can use procmail locking or locks in perl to
> avoid "race conditions".
>
> The above simple solution is:
> a) portable - it should work with almost all unix/linux MTAs
> b) is appropriate unless you expect *HUGE* load

Thanks for that, seems a good idea.

Just two questions (I've not used procmail before):

- I assume "catchall" will have to an actual user now (so the
~/.procmailrc file can exist)

- exim will only route mail to procmail for users with a ~/.procmailrc
file? So mail for the other users on the system will continue as normal.

cheers,
Paul.