Re: [exim] [OT] RAID

Página Principal
Apagar esta mensagem
Responder a esta mensagem
Autor: Christopher Meadors
Para: Exim users mailing list
Assunto: Re: [exim] [OT] RAID
On Thu, 2008-06-12 at 07:22 -0700, Marc Perkel wrote:

> I'm not sure I agree. I did some research on this and for raid 0/1/10
> it's the same speed. For raid 5/6 hardware does help. I like software
> raid because you can raid partitions rather than the entire drive.

Again, depends on the controller. I have one that lets me partition
disks and make separate arrays from each chunk of the drive. It
presents these as individual disks to the OS. Much like Linux's
software RAID.

I use a mixture of hardware and software RAID. Which ever is the best
fit for the situation.

For instance, I have some machines which have software RAID1 for
mirroring the boot disk, and then connect to a fiber-attached RAID6
array for data storage.

Right tool for the right job.

--
Chris