Re: [exim] received_header_text to remove remote address of…

Etusivu
Poista viesti
Vastaa
Lähettäjä: Michael Best
Päiväys:
Vastaanottaja: exim-users
Aihe: Re: [exim] received_header_text to remove remote address ofauthenticated senders
John Burnham wrote:
>> I should have clarified, that it's not on my server where they are
>> getting rejected.
>>
>> It's on the server the message eventually goes out to.
>>

> Some people do scan through all the received headers and check against RBLs. This is, imho,
> extremely stupid depending on which RBLs they're using. If the RBL simply lists consumer ADSL or
> dialup addresses then, even if the sender is doing the right thing and sending through their ISP's
> smarthost then that mail is going to get clobbered. But unless you can contact the person in charge
> of the server that is doing the rejection, this is all speculation. I'd advise trying to contact the
> person in charge of the server and discuss what is going on.
> John

I can certainly contact them, this is the first case we've seen of this
particular nature.

I really was asking whether it was technically possible to remove the
header from our end if we encounter the situation more in the future.

-Mike