[exim] Logging Message Deliveries and Bounces

トップ ページ
このメッセージを削除
このメッセージに返信
著者: jrhodes
To: exim-users
題目: [exim] Logging Message Deliveries and Bounces

I have been charged with setting up a new email gateway to replace an
Ironport mail sending product - but I am having trouble finding a good way
to reproduce an adequately similar log file. We track emails using a custom
email header (X-message-blah) which can reveal a message id and sending
user.
For every email I send, I need:
- email "To:"
- delivery status (bounce or delivery)
- timestamp
- "X-message-blah"

http://www.nabble.com/Special-logging-for-successful-deliveries-td10283279.html#a10283279
Someone with a very similar challenge posted this.

Is there a more elegant solution? This server needs to be very efficient
(5M+ emails a day) and grepping system logs for every outgoing email strikes
me as a terrible idea. I also don't like having to look two different places
and all the unnecessary data that gets written to disk. Using rsyslog on
indexed tables might buy me a little performance, but the overhead might
hurt it too. I am not married to the idea of using Exim, so if you have
another open source solution, let me know.