[exim] Documentation - was sender verify callout

Author: Phil \(Medway Hosting\)
To: Exim Users List
Subject: [exim] Documentation - was sender verify callout

----- Original Message -----
From: "Gordon Dickens" <gordon@???>
To: <exim-users@???>
Sent: Saturday, June 07, 2008 11:02 PM
Subject: [exim] sender verify callout

> Hello,
>
> I have a question about how exim does sender verify callouts.
>
> Based on my testing, it appears that exim always uses the incoming host
> (or incoming IP address) for doing callouts. That is, it appears that
> exim always connects directly to the host that initiated the smtp
> session for doing the callout. Could someone either confirm or refute

this?

> If that is the case then I have a second question: Is their a way to
> force exim to use the domain MX record for callouts instead of going
> directly to the incoming host for the callout?

Are the suggested changes (pervious thread on the subject) going to happen
in the documentation regarding the abusive nature of callouts and the
likelihood of getting blacklisted [1] if they are used ? It was mentioned a
few months ago, but I can't see where it has been added in yet.

Many thanks

Phil

[1] e.g. Clara.net's (major ISP) servers now being blacklisted by Comcast
and Bellsouth

Website Hosting from only £5.00 per month.
www.medwayhosting.com - +44 (0)1634 856965

Digital & Traditional Printing, and much more
www.medwayprint.com - +44 (0)1634 281199