[exim] rejecting bogus failure notifications generated when …

Author: Chad Leigh
To: Exim Users List
Subject: [exim] rejecting bogus failure notifications generated when rejecting bogus mail with from = to

I have been getting spam-bombed today with messages that have fake
from: headers or fake senders that match the recipient or the to: header

I put in a couple of acls that reject when the from: header matches
the to: header and the sender is not authenticated and another when
the sender matches the recipient(s) and the sender is not
authenticated and it has blocked over 200 spams in the last 30-45
minutes.

however, now I am getting mail bombed from stupid mailers that were
trying to send the spam in the first place. Since my own address is
listed as the sender, it reports the failure to me, which failure I
caused in the first place.

Is there anything I can do about that?

Thank
Chad