Re: [exim] BATV configuration

Author: Lars Nordin
To: exim-users
CC: David Saez Padros
Subject: Re: [exim] BATV configuration
On Friday 30 May 2008 16:32:40 David Saez Padros wrote:
> Hi
>
> this configuration will make people using callouts reject your messages,
> if you want to avoid this you should use batv checks at pre_data

How so?

I am familiar with Sender Address Verification, if this is what you had in
mind. I am a little more familiar with postfix and its implementation of SAV
callbacks which occur during the "RCPT TO" stage of the original message and
before it gives a response. So I don't understand why the check should be
moved later in the SMTP transaction.

It will work with null MAIL FROM address in the callback, but should work also
if the address is not null either (I may need to check that).