Re: [exim] queue delivery for certain users

トップ ページ
このメッセージを削除
このメッセージに返信
著者: Phil Chambers
To: exim-users
題目: Re: [exim] queue delivery for certain users

On Mon, 02 Jun 2008 14:33:01 +0100 Oliver Howe <oliverj@???>
wrote:

> Is it possible to delay the delivery of messages for certain users (eg as specified in a text file)? I am moving some maildirs around for some of my users so I dont want them to get any mail whilst I am moving them, but I dont want to turn off delivery altogether for the other users who arent affected.
> --

I have an router:

defer_users:
driver = redirect
domains = <my domains>
no_verify
require_files = /.../defer-users/$local_part
allow_defer
data = :defer: User's account is under maintenance

All I need to do is 'touch /.../defer-users/local_part>' in order to cause
messages to be queued. Once I have finished working on the mailbox I remove
the file.

If you are using an off-the-shelf config with an aliases file you could add an
entry to that file along similar lines:

local_part: :defer: User's account is under maintenance

but you would need to make sure your aliases router contained 'allow_defer'.

Phil.
Phil Chambers (postmaster@???)
University of Exeter