[exim] Exim filters (.forward) & environment variables

Author: Sander Smeenk
To: exim-users
Subject: [exim] Exim filters (.forward) & environment variables
Hi!

I was wondering if there is a posibility to specify and use certain
(environment?) variables during Exim filter processing.

My users' $home is set to /var/mail/$user/, in Maildir format.
Those who have IMAP also have /var/imap/$user/, in Maildir format.

During delivery $home is set to /var/mail/$user/, so doing

| save test/

Saves the message to /var/mail/$user/test/new/. For every folder that i
want to save to in the IMAP directory, i'd have to put the full path in
the 'save' command:

| save /var/imap/$user/test/

This is tedious, and cumbersome when i decide to change the path. Can i
somehow pass the IMAP path in a variable and use that in my users'
.forward files like so:

| save $IMAP/test/

while still being able to say:

| save test/

For normal 'inbox' delivery? I was unable to find such a posibility.
Any ideas are appreciated!

-Sndr.