[exim] ACL log_reject_target bug?

Autor: Russell Wilton
A: exim-users
Assumpte: [exim] ACL log_reject_target bug?
Environment: Exim 4.69 on RedHat Enterprise Linux 4

In my smtp_rcpt ACL I have several deny verbs in a row all
with a log_message defined. On the first one I have a
'log_reject_target = reject' modifier to make it log those
particular rejects in the reject log only, and not in the
main log. This works as expected if the deny is executed;
it is logged in the reject log only.

If it falls through to the second deny verb, which has no
log_reject_target modifier, and this second deny verb is
executed, it is logged in the reject log only.

If it falls through to the third deny verb, which also has
no log_reject_target modifier, and this third deny verb is
executed, it is logged in both the reject and main logs.

It seems as though the log_reject_target value is not being
cleared after the first deny verb is processed, and it ends
up being applied to the second deny verb even though it has
no log_reject_target modifier and thus should get logged in
both the main and reject logs, since that is the default.

Am I missing something, or is this a small bug?

Russ

--
Russell D. Wilton                     E Mail: WILTON@???
Info Tech Systems Analyst              Voice:  (403) 329-2525