Re: [exim] Rate Limit details needed

Etusivu
Poista viesti
Vastaa
Lähettäjä: Russell Wilton
Päiväys:
Vastaanottaja: exim-users
Aihe: Re: [exim] Rate Limit details needed
Tony Finch wrote:
> On Thu, 29 May 2008, Russell Wilton wrote:
>
>> What I would like to be able to do is set a ratelimit like the
>> above, in the smtp_data or better yet, the smtp_predata ACL and
>> have it check whether the current rate plus the number of recipients
>> in the current message ($recipients_count) puts you over the limit.
>>

> Use the noupdate option.
>
> http://www.exim.org/exim-html-current/doc/html/spec_html/ch40.html#rearatdat
>
> Tony.

Thanks for the input, but I don't see how the noupdate option
will help me. Let me take another stab at explaining myself.

I am trying to limit internal users sending mail out, so Exim
will be interacting with a mail client like Thunderbird or
the Squirrel mail webmail client. The incoming email has to
be sent to all recipients or none at all, because if it is sent
to only some, the user has no way of knowing who received it
and who didn't. So, I don't think I can do the ratelimiting
in the smtp_rcpt ACL.

What I want is a single ratelimit condition on a stanza in the
smtp_data or predata ACL, after all the recipients have been
input and verified, that will compare the current $sender_rate
plus $recipients_count to the $sender_rate_limit and return
false with no database update if it is over the limit. If it is
under the limit, return true and update the database not by one,
but by the $recipients_count value. This seems like the way it
logically should work, but I haven't been able to find anything
in the docs (40.35 - 40.39) to confirm that.

If setting the per_rcpt and leaky options on a stanza in the
data ACL will do what I described, then I am good to go. If
not, is there some other way to accomplish this?

Russ

--
Russell D. Wilton                     E Mail: WILTON@???
Info Tech Systems Analyst              Voice:  (403) 329-2525