Re: [exim] relaying yes/no

Inizio della pagina
Autore: René Berber
To: exim-users
Oggetto: Re: [exim] relaying yes/no
Steven Lobbezoo wrote:

> I have a simple question:
>
> I just installed exim4 on my suse 10.3 system.
> All works fine, but one item.
>
> I receive messages as wanted.
> Users, having an account can send to each other, no problem.
> But as soon as a user wants to send his e-mail to an other (outside)
> adres, it gets marked 'no relaying'. In principle this is ok, but not
> for my local users (who are sending messages from somewhere else using
> an MUA like evolution).

Is that local users as in local LAN users?

If it is, then the configuration is really simple, look at the top of
exim.conf for the line that defines relay_from_hosts, add your LAN to
that list. For instance, I have:

hostlist relay_from_hosts = 127.0.0.1:192.168.10.0/24

> There must be a simple solution for this, before (under debian), i had
> it working perfectly. But the system crashed, and i lost my
> configuration files.
>
> Can anybody help me with this ? I would like to have an ACL statement
> like :
>   accept sender        = lsearch;/etc/passwd
>       control     = submission
> which is not working by the way ;-(

If you want users to be able to send mail from anywhere (i.e. outside
your LAN) then just make sure authentication is enabled (by default it
is), that's a couple of lines like this:

   accept  authenticated = *
           control       = submission

Of course they have to be in the correct place, but as I said, those
come with the default configuration.
--
René Berber