Re: [exim] Replacing attachments with URLs

Página Principal
Apagar esta mensagem
Responder a esta mensagem
Autor: Kjetil Torgrim Homme
Para: Michelle Konzack
CC: exim-users
Assunto: Re: [exim] Replacing attachments with URLs
On Sat, 2008-05-24 at 02:18 +0200, Michelle Konzack wrote:
> Replacing some Attachment with Links is not realy trivial, but I have
> written a small script which help me to analyze the message which is
> attached. [...] You will encounter several problems:
>
> 1) Message is a mimepart/related
> 2) has a mimepart/alternative
> 3) some attachments...
> [...]
> The problems continue: WHERE do you want to place the strings:

if you do it the MIME way, this is not a problem. look for
message/external-body in RFC 2046 and RFC 4289. at least my mail
reader, Evolution, handles this fine, and I know Gnus does, too. there
is one problem, though -- no one has registered an access type for HTTP!
in this case, FTP may be just as good anyway, since you will probably
want login credentials.

--
Kjetil T.