Re: [exim] problem with queue

Author: Heiko Schlittermann
To: exim-users
Subject: Re: [exim] problem with queue
Hi Marcin,

Marcin Rybak <marcin.rybak@???> (Sa 24 Mai 2008 22:02:48 CEST):
> I have just one problem, with my exim-4.69. I use it like a MX for several
> domains. When the main mailserver is down for a while the messages get to
> the exim MX'es - and it is correct, but they stuck there for 15 minutes
> before next automatic queue run. Is there any option to make it run faster
> (for example 5 minutes?)

Depending on your system you've to find where exim gets started.
Typically it's in /etc/init.d/exim. This start script passes some
options to exim. If your exim is running you can use 'exiwhat' to see
these options.

It should look similar to this:
     26718 daemon: -q10m, listening for SMTP on port 25 (IPv4) port 587 (IPv4) [212.80.235.130]:10025 and for SMTPS on port 465 (IPv4)

The -q10m is the interval for the queue runner. You've to find the place
in your startup scripts where your queue interval gets set.

On some systems the listener process is not responsible for running the
queue at all, there you should find a crontab entry which starts exim
regularly.

And on even some other systems you might find both versions :)

    Best regards from Dresden
    Viele Grüße aus Dresden
    Heiko Schlittermann
 Heiko Schlittermann HS12-RIPE -----------------------------------------
 gnupg encrypted messages are welcome - key ID: 48D0359B ---------------
 gnupg fingerprint: 3061 CFBF 2D88 F034 E8D2  7E92 EE4E AC98 48D0 359B -