Re: [exim] Problems with manualroute

Página Principal
Apagar esta mensagem
Responder a esta mensagem
Autor: Todd Lyons
Para: exim-users
Assunto: Re: [exim] Problems with manualroute
On Fri, May 23, 2008 at 05:27:05AM +0800, W B Hacker wrote:

>You said:
>"not possible to use fetchmail to get my mails from the server"
>Exim is an MTA. It 'listens' for traffic submitted to it from other
>MTA's acting as submission critters on port 25.
>Any such MUA may be doing message retrieval at the same time - but not
>from Exim.

Fetchmail only fetches the email from a remote pop/imap server and hands
off to the local smtp server for local delivery and/or forwarding. His
problem is not well described, but an educated guess is that his local
smtp service is not delivering the emails that fetchmail is retrieving.
Unfortunately, it is not clear from his message that his local smtp
service is or is not exim...

>Which such port depends on what ports and protocols the POP and/or IMAP
>daemon on your server (if any) is configured to support.
>*Nothing to do with Exim* - or any other MTA.
>So far.
>Now, if you have problems *resending* the mail Fetchmail collects, that
>is another matter.
>But you haven't said that.

Exactly.  Precisely described.
- --
Regards...        Todd
safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.       --Benjamin Franklin
Linux kernel 2.6.22-14-generic   3 users,  load average: 0.00, 0.01, 0.00