Re: [exim] Problems with manualroute

Author: David Cantrell
To: exim-users
Subject: Re: [exim] Problems with manualroute
On Tue, May 20, 2008 at 04:41:27PM -0700, Jeroen van Aart wrote:

> True, but if you follow for example debian's migration docs it is rather
> painless. Unless you have a lot of tricky custom configuration.

I didn't so much have a tricky custom configuration, as lots of
accumulated cruft. And while I am indeed using Debian, the
configuration file wasn't generated by Debian's tools - IIRC it
originated in the SGI Freeware distribution before I started customising
it by hand - which would have made me wary of following advice that
might make unannounced Debianish assumptions.

That said, if you could point me at those docs, they might be useful to
help me understand my new config better - I ended up getting someone
else to do the migration, y'see, and while it seems to work just fine, I
really do feel that I ought to learn why it works :-)

  I remember when computers were frustrating because they did
  exactly what you told them to.  That seems kinda quaint now.
      -- JD Baldwin, in the Monastery