Re: [exim] ACL rewrite

Inizio della pagina
Autore: Searcher
To: exim-users
Oggetto: Re: [exim] ACL rewrite
Erm

I can't really explain the entire network, coz it would be a security
breach, but erm

- this exim is just a relay for few domains only
- purpose of this exim is to have all participating users reply to the
correct email address and not the sender directly - so the email can be
processed on our servers (whatever processed means in this case)

Nothing else, no spam checking, no antivirus, forget even the
subset_list@??? rewrite as it's not relevant since
it's not a list but *@*.special.domain to $1@$2.

hammer? yes/no? ;)

-----Original Message-----
From: exim-users-bounces@??? [mailto:exim-users-bounces@exim.org] On
Behalf Of W B Hacker
Sent: Sunday, May 18, 2008 04:27
To: exim users
Subject: Re: [exim] ACL rewrite

Searcher wrote:
> I tried to use your last suggestion but to no avail
> If I understand it correctly though, it does not rewrite anything but

sends
> the email to the *new* recipient?

Yes - your post *seemed* to indicate that you have both the:

<subset_list>@our.domain.special.domain

- active on 'a' server, as well as the:

<entire_list>@our.domain

AND that you are already munging the 'From: / Reply To:' to intercept
the traffic for 'probationers'.

So why bother with the extra manual rewrite when straightforward
aliasing can serve?

Given that I can't fathom even *why* you are doing all this, I'll take
as given that you may not be doing things quite that way.

Just because you have found a hammer doesn't mean you cannot use it for
a walking-stick instead of driving nails. One can get used to the
leg-cramps.

;-)

> I tried couple (zillion) of other things with my previous settings and
> suddenly realized that the config file number is actually a sequential

order
> how the files are being loaded (dummy) and managed to get it working by a
> quite simple, eh:
>> 30_exim4-config_check_rcpt
> set acl_m7 =
> ${lookup{$local_part@$domain}lsearch{/etc/exim4/sc_clients}{$value}{}}
>> 31_exim4-config_rewriting
> *@*    $local_part@$acl_m7    Ffrsq

> Where /etc/exim4/sc_clients uses the alias format
> recipient@???: new_sender_domain

Over my head. That is all Debian/Exim-specific stuff.

The regular Exim install has only one configure file, and, yes, various
'functional' parts of it need to remain in expected order.

Likewise sequence within each part very much matters.

> And this does exactly what I was after: if the recipient is in the alias
> file it rewrites the sender, if the recipient is not in the list nothing
> happens.
>
> Thank you for all your help Bill
> But if you still think I'm doing it wrong and have the patience to explain
> it - I'm all yours
>
> Thanks
> -src-

I haven't a clue if it is right or wrong. I don't see what you believe
you are gaining.

If the goal is to temporarily monitor new accounts, or to place
different quotas or other restrictions on them while awaiting approval,
or throttle based on 'class' (or fees) .. or whatever... I don't see any
of those goals served by munging addresses.

*Most especially* not the <domain>.<tld> side!

You either have control of account@??? and their settings, or NOT.

Bill

be