Re: [exim] Problems with manualroute

Etusivu
Poista viesti
Vastaa
Lähettäjä: Peter Bowyer
Päiväys:
Vastaanottaja: exim-user
Aihe: Re: [exim] Problems with manualroute
2008/5/17 John Horne <john.horne@???>:
> On Sat, 2008-05-17 at 23:20 +0200, german@??? wrote:
>>
>> Ok, now I've updated, and exim -bV shows
>> Exim version 4.63 #1 built 20-Jan-2007 10:40:39
>> Copyright (c) University of Cambridge 2006
>> Berkeley DB: Sleepycat Software: Berkeley DB 4.3.29: (September 6, 2005)
>> Support for: crypteq iconv() IPv6 GnuTLS move_frozen_messages
>> Lookups: lsearch wildlsearch nwildlsearch iplsearch cdb dbm dbmnz dsearch
>> nis nis0 passwd
>> Authenticators: cram_md5 plaintext
>> Routers: accept dnslookup ipliteral manualroute queryprogram redirect
>> Transports: appendfile/maildir/mailstore autoreply lmtp pipe smtp
>> Fixed never_users: 0
>> Size of off_t: 8
>> Configuration file is /var/lib/exim4/config.autogenerated
>>
>> Can I use my old exim.conf, or should I create a new one?
>>
> Well you can try your old config file, but keep a close eye on the log
> files to see that all is okay. There is an upgrade document provided
> with exim for users upgrading from version 3 to 4. I would suggest
> reading it first perhaps

No, you need to convert the config. There used to be a script called
something like 'convert4r4' in the Exim 4.x distribution which does a
reasonable job of the conversion - don't know id if its still there.
Even after running the script, there are a few things you need to look
at manually.

If the config is simple, it might be best to start afresh from the V4
default config instead of converting.

Peter

--
Peter Bowyer