Re: [exim] ACL rewrite

Inizio della pagina
Autore: W B Hacker
To: exim users
Oggetto: Re: [exim] ACL rewrite
Searcher wrote:
> I was 'hinting' because I already asked once quite specifically but there
> were no takers for the question so I figured I'd ask something easier and go
> from there..
>
> 1. I have a list of clients
> 2. When an email arrives for a client from this list the $h_To gets
> rewritten to use a different domain
> 3. When an email arrives with multiple recipients where few are from the
> list and others are not I want to rewrite the same header only for the
> existing clients and leave it intact for others (obviously)

That is still the 'process' you think you want, not the end result you seek.

I suspect you can do that with a single rewrite rule, exit on lookup
fail, and no need at all to throttle recipients to one-at-a-time.

But I still don't see where you are trying to go with it.

==

Shall we presume that the environment is:

- all recipients to be handled are your clients

- all affected deliveries are 'local'.

- there is no significant forwarding, aliasing, or relaying 'off box'

And the goal is:

- 'some of' the final recipients are candidates for a stupidity test, so
they are to 'see' mail addressed in one way to appear to have been
addressed in some other way. Even though they could tell this was a lie
by merely setting their MUA to display full headers or clicking 'view
message source', you are certain they will never do that.

- the remaining final recipients don't even run Windows, so there is no
fun in trying to confuse them. They'll either catch you out or ignore
you, but won't make a fuss either way. No fun at all.

Note: This is a 'cosmetic' exercise, not a routing plan.

(You are aware that the 'To:' header is not what an MTA ordinarily uses
for routing decisions?)

*snip*

(gory details)

Bill