Re: [pcre-dev] 7.7 Release Candidate available

Página Principal
Apagar esta mensagem
Autor: Harri Porten
Para: Pcre-dev
Assunto: Re: [pcre-dev] 7.7 Release Candidate available
> Well, the Acid3 test number 89 is the following.
>
> /TA[])]/.exec('TA]'); // orphan brackets
>
> It seems that a cause of pattern syntax error is ')', not ']'...

Or maybe simply both? The Regular Expression grammar in ECMA 262 does not
allow for either to appear in an unmatched manner as far as I can tell.

')' has always been rejected by all browsers (and pcre), right? This would
have ruled out a check for it in Acid3 :)

> Anyway I wait for Safari, Opera and Firefox to be released publicly and
> will check it once again.

Please do so and let us know if you find anything disproving my
interpretation. WebKit and Opera snapshots that should pass the test can
be found here btw:

http://nightly.webkit.org/
http://snapshot.opera.com/unix/opera_lingogi_acid3.tar.gz

Harri.