Re: [exim] SMTP timeout while connected to <x> after sending…

Author: James Green
To: exim-users
Subject: Re: [exim] SMTP timeout while connected to <x> after sending data block
Tom Kistner wrote:

> Wedged TCP connections after some 10-500k of data usually point to
> window scaling problems. But since you already turned that off (on the
> sending server?), I guess it is a dumb snort-like traffic mangler "IPS"
> that generates false positives. Try to get a contact on the receiving
> side. :)

Bizarrely, this is happening with several receiving hosts -- I'm
becoming more convinced this isn't an issue with my mail server
configuration, but on the other hand it's not an issue I've run into
anywhere else.

After a bit more googling I've tried fiddling with
tcp_workaround_signed_windows as well as tcp_window_scaling, but no joy
-- any further suggestions would be most welcome, although I fear this
issue is rapidly moving away from on-topic for an Exim mailing list.

All the best,

James