Re: [exim] Greylisting - Chnging IPs

Páxina inicial
Borrar esta mensaxe
Responder a esta mensaxe
Autor: Heiko Schlittermann
Para: exim-users
Asunto: Re: [exim] Greylisting - Chnging IPs
Dean Brooks <dean@???> (Sa 10 Mai 2008 17:18:53 CEST):

> > But this means that you're greylisting in your DATA acl (to get the
> > message id). Didn't you experience problems with returning a 4xx there?
> > I'm talking about serious operated MTAs being choked on 4xx after
> > sending the final dot. (Despite the fact that some RFC allows 4xx at
> > this point.)
>
> What kind of problems would you expect to see?
>
> We've been running greylisting in our DATA ACL for several years now
> on a heavily loaded mail server and have never had any reports of problems.

I expected clients (MTA) not expecting a 4xx after transmission of the
data portion. And thus not resending the mail as expected.

    Best regards from Dresden
    Viele Grüße aus Dresden
    Heiko Schlittermann
 Heiko Schlittermann HS12-RIPE -----------------------------------------
 gnupg encrypted messages are welcome - key ID: 48D0359B ---------------
 gnupg fingerprint: 3061 CFBF 2D88 F034 E8D2  7E92 EE4E AC98 48D0 359B -