Re: [exim] SMTP timeout while connected to <x> after sending…

Página Principal
Apagar esta mensagem
Responder a esta mensagem
Autor: James Green
Para: exim-users
Assunto: Re: [exim] SMTP timeout while connected to <x> after sending data block
James Green wrote:

> I'm beginning to suspect that this is less of an exim issue and more of
> a "someone, somewhere, has a broken network, and it could well be me"
> issue :-/

I don't know if this additional information helps at all, but the
portion of the message being delivered before the connection dies seems
to be consistent for a given message (sometimes exactly the same for
every delivery attempt of a given message, sometimes within ~5% of a
mean value for a given message) but varies considerably between
messages. Could if be that there's some block of data part way through
the messages that is breaking things? It seems odd that this would have
affected half a dozen messages within a couple of days, though.

Interestingly, 1JuCoM-000325-TV (a 1.3MB message) fails after 335772
bytes, regardless of which of 2 different MXs it's being delivered to.
This sounds strangely coincidental, although I guess if it's a
networking issue and both MXs are on the same network, this would make
sense.

As ever, any thoughts would be much appreciated

Cheers,

James