Re: [exim] Message duplication if To/Cc contain alias and on…

Author: Konstantin Boyandin
To: exim-users
Subject: Re: [exim] Message duplication if To/Cc contain alias and one of addresses it's expanded into
Hello,

2008/5/8 Heiko Schlittermann <hs@???>:
>> After defeating message duplication yesterday, I encountered the
>> similar problem. Namely:
>>
>> The record in /etc/aliases:
>>
>> userlist:     userlist,user1

>> The message sent:
>>
>> To: user1@???
>> Cc: userlist@???
>
> exim should not care about mail headers ad all. (except in some ACL
> conditions). Important is, what exim sees in "RCPT TO" lines.

The result, from all my experience of harnessing DSPAM, is that as
soon as pipe transport is used to preprocess the message, Exim's logic
of eliminating duplicates cease to function. I had to use the
preprocessing at the stage of actual delivery, inserting
transport_filter
to all the transports used, to keep that logic working.

With all respect,

Konstantin