Re: [exim] OT: Extracting information from an email

Author: Steve Dobson
To: exim-users
Subject: Re: [exim] OT: Extracting information from an email
Hi JP

On Thu, 2008-05-08 at 16:32 +0200, Jan-Piet Mens wrote:
> On Thu May 08 2008 at 15:32:02 CEST, Steve Dobson wrote:
>
> > I want remote applications to pass information between themselves. The
> > data will be in XML format (no-brainer these days).
>
> SOAP with an SMTP binding, perhaps?

No. Java.

> > What I'm lacking is a nice guide on how to check signed emails.
>
> Signed how? S/MIME or Gnu PG (PGP) ?

I use GnuPG but I would like to cope with S/MIME if I can too.

> You ought to find plenty of Perl modules on CPAN for doing that.

There may well be. But that means I will have to learn Perl and I
really, really don't want to do that. I don't like a language where
source code can look like random typings from a far from infinite number
of monkeys.

Steve

--
Steve Dobson