Re: [exim] Long Sender Addresses and Data Timeouts

Páxina inicial
Borrar esta mensaxe
Responder a esta mensaxe
Autor: Chris Russell
Para: exim-users
Asunto: Re: [exim] Long Sender Addresses and Data Timeouts

Hi Tony,

Thanks for the reply...

> At which point it loops on the subprocess pipes before (in this case)

> the remote exim closes the SMTP session due to data timeouts.
> What is the remote host doing when this happens?

On this occasion the remote host sits there and the connection just
times out.

I've got this issue on exim -> Exchange, exim -> Mail Marshall, exim->
IMSS and exim-> exim. I've also got it on two servers physically next to
each other on the same network in the same switch both running the
newest version of exim.

> Has anyone ever experienced anything like this ? could it be some
> other wierd and wonderful issue such as MTU ?
> Possibly, but not if it really is the length of the sender address. Do

long messages with short addresses get through OK?

Long messages go through fine, the only thing I've been able to narrow
it down to is sender address length and again only when exim is
relaying.

Basically starts to send, sends what looks like all of the data then
just sits on selecting subprocess pipes.

Thanks

Chris