Re: [exim] Greylisting - Chnging IPs

Startseite
Nachricht löschen
Nachricht beantworten
Autor: Warren Baker
To: exim-users
Betreff: Re: [exim] Greylisting - Chnging IPs
On 07/05/2008, Grant Peel <gpeel@???> wrote:

> I have recently implimented greylist on some of our servers, and am seeing
> few domain, that return multiple IP address. How is that handled.
>
> I am also seeing a few (like telus.net) that resend mail from a different
> mail server than the original. How do we handle that?
>
> I have my accept time set to 2 minutes. Does anyone think thats too long?

GMail uses multiple fallback servers, as an example [a-z]proxy.gmail.com so
you will see mail not been delivered from their servers if greylisting is
enabled. As Heiko has mentioned he uses just the sender and recipient
address as the condition. What you can also do is just add the /24 network
for the connecting host into your condition instead of the hosts sending
address. This would cater for GMail and many others.

You could also defer after the DATA has finished. You will now have the
message ID which you could use as part of your checks.

Warren