[exim] Long Sender Addresses and Data Timeouts

Etusivu
Poista viesti
Vastaa
Lähettäjä: Chris Russell
Päiväys:
Vastaanottaja: exim-users
Aihe: [exim] Long Sender Addresses and Data Timeouts
Hi All,

I've been seeing a problem for a while now, but until now I've not had
any exim -> exim issues so couldn't really debug as much as I'd like.

Basically, the scenario is I have an exim box acting as a relay onto
various other things (Exchange, Exim, MailMarshall, etc ..)

If an email has a long sender address, ie (Topica is a prime example):

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx@???

The message is never forwarded due to data timeouts.

not using PIPELINING
SMTP>> MAIL

FROM:<xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx@???
ca.com> SIZE=6943
waiting for data on socket
read response data: size=8
SMTP<< 250 OK
SMTP>> RCPT TO:<user@???>

waiting for data on socket
read response data: size=14
SMTP<< 250 Accepted
SMTP>> DATA

waiting for data on socket
read response data: size=56
SMTP<< 354 Enter message, ending with "." on a line by itself
SMTP>> writing message and terminating "."

writing data block fd=6 size=5918 timeout=300
waiting for data on socket
selecting on subprocess pipes

At which point it loops on the subprocess pipes before (in this case)
the remote exim closes the SMTP session due to data timeouts.

Sending directly works fine, both to Exchange and Exim it just seems to
be when using exim as a relay.

Has anyone ever experienced anything like this ? could it be some other
wierd and wonderful issue such as MTU ?

Thanks

Chris