[exim] Exim, Vacation and Horde

Author: Mike Jones
To: 'exim-users@exim.org'
Subject: [exim] Exim, Vacation and Horde
Hi,
I've been trawling the internet for the past couple of days to try and find an answer to a little problem I have, but none of the solutions seem to fit what I'm trying to do.

Basically I have Exim, Horde and Imp installed with version 1.1.9 of vacation sitting in /usr/local/bin on a FC 6 server.

Everything works fine, except for the vacation module of Horde which generates a .forward file of

\user, "|/usr/local/bin/vacation user"

Apart from the fact that the .forward file is missing the line # Exim filter, Exim doesn't seem to like that command (in fact no reply is sent, and emails don't get delivered).

However with a bit of routing around, I found that this command does work in the .forward file if put in manually.

unseen pipe "/usr/local/bin/vacation -a user-alias user"

So, my question is simply this - why does the command generated by horde (and by vacation at the command line) not work with exim, but the command I discovered does work ?

The configure file is right out of the box (with a few tweaks for courier-imap) with no routers etc for vacations, so my understanding is that the .forward file is being handled by the forward router and transport.

Any help gratefully received

MikeFrom temmokan@??? Thu May 08 10:09:38 2008