Re: [exim] cannot get mysql support

Páxina inicial
Borrar esta mensaxe
Responder a esta mensaxe
Autor: W B Hacker
Para: exim users
Asunto: Re: [exim] cannot get mysql support
�� wrote:

> Good day!
>
> I am trying to build exim with mysql support.
>
> Here is my configuration:
> RHEL 4
> MySQL 5.0.45 community
> Exim 4.69

*snip*

> Then in config:
> hide mysql_servers = localhost/exim/mail/secret-pass

*snip*

See below in re what line that appears on.

> Lookups: lsearch wildlsearch nwildlsearch iplsearch dbm dbmnz mysql

That says the build gave you the necessary MySQL support...

*snip*

> 2008-05-08 06:03:07 Exim configuration error in line 823 of
> /usr/exim/exim.conf:
> option "mysql_servers" unknown

Can you confirm that this is indeed on line 823, is in the 'main'
section, i.e. before any acl's or router/transport sets appear, and is
the *only* such call in the entire config file?

N.B. Line 823 seems rather too high a line-count for the position of the
'hide mysql..' call. Unless you've left all the comments in-place, this
is more often in the first 10 to 50 lines.

Further, the format you have used may not be quite correct. Do you need
a username as well as a password, for example?

PostgreSQL is *slightly* different from MYSQL, but ours looks like this:

There are no "<" or ">" in the original, the parenthesis matter, and the
<socketfilename> is not an 'ordinary' file, but something akin to:

/tmp/.s.PGSQL.5432

You can also use an IP instead of a unix socket, pros and cons discussed
elsewhere, but if so, a specific IP would be my preference, AND NOT
'localhost', even if you have to alias-up a bespoke IP just for MySQL
and the MTA to use.

In general IP is best if/as/when the DB is not on the same box as the
MTA, and the communication is on an internal-only LAN ELSE otherwise
secured (SSL tunnel, matching PEM certs, etc.)

Sockets are generally better all-around for same-box use.

HTH,

Bill