Re: [pcre-dev] CMake Error: File pcre.h.generic does not exi…

Author: Philip Hazel
To: Tim Gerundt
CC: pcre-dev
Subject: Re: [pcre-dev] CMake Error: File pcre.h.generic does not exist
On Mon, 5 May 2008, Tim Gerundt wrote:

> The file NON-UNIX-USE talks also from pcre.h.generic ("Copy or rename the file
> pcre.h.generic as pcre.h.") but I don't find the file. But there are the file
> "pcre.h.in"!

Are you trying to build from files downloaded from the svn repository?
If you are, the problem is that pcre.h.generic is not in the repository.
It is built dynamically at the time the distribution files (the .tar.gzs
etc.) are created, and included in the distributions.

The files in the repository are always "work in progress" and, though
they should compile, you are likely to get some kind of intermediate
PCRE version.

Philip

--
Philip Hazel