Re: [pcre-dev] Different Versions Of PCRE for pcretest, pcr…

Author: Philip Hazel
To: Simeon F. Willbanks
CC: pcre-dev
Subject: Re: [pcre-dev] Different Versions Of PCRE for pcretest, pcregrep & pcre-config
On Mon, 5 May 2008, Simeon F. Willbanks wrote:

> $ locate libpcre
>
> /lib/libpcre.so.0                 <=======================
> /lib/libpcre.so.0.0.1             <=======================
> /usr/lib/libpcre.a
> /usr/lib/libpcre.la
> /usr/lib/libpcre.so
> /usr/lib/libpcre.so.0             <=======================
> /usr/lib/libpcre.so.0.0.1         <=======================

> Ah, could we have possibly found the culprit?

Probably. You have two libraries installed. Unless they are the same,
that's almost certainly it.

> Should I unlink /lib/libpcre.so.0, delete /lib/libpcre.so.0.0.1 and
> try make install again?

Well, since you were installing into /usr/lib (if I recall correctly),
re-doing the install probably won't be necessary. Try just moving the
/lib versions out of the way (by renaming) rather than deleting, just in
case. You may also need to re-login or even reboot (I'm not sure how
much shared libraries are cached).

Philip

--
Philip Hazel