Re: [pcre-dev] Different Versions Of PCRE for pcretest, pcr…

Author: Philip Hazel
To: Simeon F. Willbanks
CC: pcre-dev
Subject: Re: [pcre-dev] Different Versions Of PCRE for pcretest, pcregrep & pcre-config
On Sun, 4 May 2008, Simeon F. Willbanks wrote:

> $ ls -l /usr/bin/pc*
> -rwxr-xr-x 1 root root 1241 May 2 10:18 /usr/bin/pcre-config
> -rwxr-xr-x 1 root root 27708 May 2 10:18 /usr/bin/pcregrep
> -rwxr-xr-x 1 root root 42788 May 2 10:18 /usr/bin/pcretest
>
> Strange huh? Thanks again for the continued help.

I'm now almost completely mystified, I'm afraid. Is the size of
/usr/bin/pcretest the same as the source/pcretest? Actually, I guess it
may not be if you built a dynamic library.

Oh, one more idea. I wonder if it is installing pcretest correctly, but
that pcretest is NOT picking up the newly installed library, which was
installed in /usr/lib. I wonder if you have an older version of the
dynamic library that is installed somewhere else. Perhaps you should
search your system for files called libpcre* ?

Philip

--
Philip Hazel