[pcre-dev] Thanks for generic build instructions

Author: Carsten Fuchs
To: pcre-dev
Subject: [pcre-dev] Thanks for generic build instructions
Dear PCRE devs,

I'd like to thank you for your NON-UNIX-USE documentation file, especially the section about generic
instructions for the PCRE C library: Whenever possible, I'm used to build all code with the SCons
build system (see http://www.scons.org/ for more details) on all platforms (Windows, Linux) that I
use, because SConstruct/SConscript files are wonderfully clear and short and actually work the same
on Windows and Linux (and others, although I normally don't use them).
With the documentation in NON-UNIX-USE, I found it very straightforward to understand the
requirements to build PCRE in a generic way, and thus to write the related SConscript file. Other
libraries often ship "configure" scripts and Makefile templates only, and sometimes Visual Studio
project files, and it is usually difficult to understand the requirements of a generic build process
from either.

Btw., I'm using PCRE with the Collada-DOM in order to provide support for loading Collada models
into my 3D engine application. :-)

Thank you very much for your great library and *documentation*, and
best regards,
Carsten

--
Multi-Player, Multi-Platform, Real-Time 3D Action
http://www.Ca3D-Engine.de