Re: [exim] Exim sends message twice if alias points to itsel…

Author: W B Hacker
To: exim users
Subject: Re: [exim] Exim sends message twice if alias points to itself
Konstantin Boyandin wrote:
> Hello,
>
> JFYI: I have tried to build brand-new Exim 4.69 out of sources. It
> exhibits exactly the same behavior.

E.G. - does what you tell it to do....

*snip*

> .... I have no desire to downgrade back to Sendmail.

In some ways you already have done.

i.e. you are using Exim's *flexibility* to have it do things the way you
are accustomed to, instead of using Exim's particular *strengths* to do
them differently - and hopefully better.

Changing that will need some study and experimentation, but I would
suggest you seek 'more meat' in acl's and less in router/transport and
system filters.

You should be able to operate completely without procmail, for example.

'Seek and ye shall find...'

(a myriad of answers - none perfect, but many 'less wrong' than others..)

;-)

Bill