Re: [exim] Exim sends message twice if alias points to itsel…

Author: Heiko Schlittermann
To: exim-users
Subject: Re: [exim] Exim sends message twice if alias points to itself
Konstantin Boyandin <temmokan@???> (Mo 05 Mai 2008 00:22:08 CEST):
> Hello,
>
> 2008/5/4 Heiko Schlittermann <hs@???>:
> > Konstantin Boyandin <temmokan@???> (So 04 Mai 2008 10:18:36 CEST):
> >  > [root@monstera lists]# exim -v -bv userlist
> >  > user1@???
> >  >     <-- itelsib-adm@???
> >  >   router = localuser, transport = local_delivery
> >  > user2@???
> >  >     <-- itelsib-adm@???
> >  >   router = localuser, transport = local_delivery
> >  > userlist@???
> >  >     <-- itelsib-adm@???
> >  >   router = localuser, transport = local_delivery

> > Where do you see the dups here? I do not.
> > And I tested it in my setup with sending a real mail and didn't get
> > dups. (This I did just to prove that there is no difference between
> > that what 'exim -v -bv' tells and a real delivery.)
>
> I'm still not sure why the messages are duplicated. May anyone explain
> how one can see the whole logic of choosing routers and calling
> transports for a given address?

you may test

    exim -d-all+route -v -bv userlist

(And I didn't have time to check your config file more in depth...)

    Best regards from Dresden
    Viele Grüße aus Dresden
    Heiko Schlittermann
 Heiko Schlittermann HS12-RIPE -----------------------------------------
 gnupg encrypted messages are welcome - key ID: 48D0359B ---------------
 gnupg fingerprint: 3061 CFBF 2D88 F034 E8D2  7E92 EE4E AC98 48D0 359B -