Re: [exim] dot at the end of a local part

Etusivu
Poista viesti
Vastaa
Lähettäjä: ROGERS Richard
Päiväys:
Vastaanottaja: John Hall, exim-users
Aihe: Re: [exim] dot at the end of a local part
exim-users-bounces@??? wrote:

> On my Exchange 2000 box, the callout works - Exchange rejects
> syntactically invalid sender addresses at SMTP time. It also rejects
> syntactically invalid
> recipient addresses at SMTP time, but accepts and then
> generates bounces for
> unknown recipient addresses.
>
> I believe Exchange 2003 can be configured to do more thorough
> recipient validation at SMTP time.
>
> Cheers,
> John

Yes, that sounds right. Before I stopped these messages being accepted
by Exim, it was trying to pass them on having accepted them, only for
them to be rejected by Exchange because of the invalid sender address
(the call forward having succeeded because the recipient address was
valid). That left Exim having to send a bounce (which is what I wanted
to avoid!)

Yes, Exchange 2003 can be set up to reject invalid recipient addresses
at SMTP time (which is what allows the call forward to be useful).

regards

Richard

--
Richard Rogers
IT Development and Innovation Manager

The information in this email is confidential and is intended solely for the addressee. Access to this email by anyone else is unauthorised.

If you are not the intended recipient, any disclosure, copying, distribution or any action taken or omitted to be taken in reliance on it, except for the purpose of delivery to the addressee, is prohibited and may be unlawful. Kindly notify the sender and delete the message and any attachment from your computer.