Re: [exim] dot at the end of a local part

Startseite
Nachricht löschen
Nachricht beantworten
Autor: John Hall
To: exim-users
Betreff: Re: [exim] dot at the end of a local part
On Fri, May 2, 2008 at 9:56 AM, Peter Bowyer <peter@???> wrote:

> On 02/05/2008, Phil Chambers <P.A.Chambers@???> wrote:
> >
> > On Fri, 2 May 2008 09:01:22 +0100 Peter Bowyer <peter@???> wrote:
> >
> > > snip snip
> > > This might help:
> > >
> > > verify = recipient/callout=use_sender
> > >
> > > Peter
> >
> > I am doing that but the callout succeeds! (Or rather, I was before I put
> in
> > ACLs to reject the addresses as invalid.)
>
> I guess that means that Exchange is rejecting on invalid senders after
> DATA rather than at RCPT... can you debug the SMTP conversation to
> verify this?

On my Exchange 2000 box, the callout works - Exchange rejects syntactically
invalid sender addresses at SMTP time. It also rejects syntactically invalid
recipient addresses at SMTP time, but accepts and then generates bounces for
unknown recipient addresses.

I believe Exchange 2003 can be configured to do more thorough recipient
validation at SMTP time.

Cheers,
John